SUPTA VIRASANA SADDLE POSE
HOW TO PERFORM
- From kneeling sit back on your heels, the top of heel flat to the floor.
- Feet together and widen the knees to a comfortable distance, use your arms to help support you and lower you down slowly and mindfully to the earth.
- Once down and comfortable bring your awareness to deep slow belly breaths and stay here for 6 to 12 breaths or as long as possible.
- Opens your quadriceps, hip flexors and sacrum.
- Place a bolster underneath your back and lie down.
- Any knee, ankle or back injuries need to be looked after.
- Proceed with caution if any of those joints are sensitive.