Rather than a pose, this yoga move seems easy, but it is the definition of focus and commitment.HOW TO PERFORM
• Standing tall, roll your shoulders up back and down. Separate your feet for a more stable base.
• Hold the arms out to your sides and start flapping them. Be careful to keep the arms straight. Start to automatically synch your breath with your movements.
• Do this for 1-3 minutes.
• After getting used to this form, you can increase the speed and feel the heat fill your body.
You can also practise this while seated.
• A simpler variation is to sit easy with crossed legs, and have your arms extended out by your sides. Inhale and lift your arms over your head, palms face up, exhale and lower your arms again, palms face down. Repeat for 1-3 minutes.
• Stokes the metabolic fires
• Increases heart rate
• Tones the arms
• Tones the abdominals, especially with increased speed of flapping
• People with chronic shoulder problems or recent shoulder injury