How Io Pertorm
- When deciding on an advanced pose, I gave it a lot of thought. For me, there is so much emphasis on shapes and dynamic practice in the community which although has its place, is not at the heart of my offering. When I reflect on my own journey, my advanced’ practice has been learning to really sit with myself in stillness and to learn how to self- regulate. Pose of a Child offers me the possibility of ‘being and I hope it might shed new light on what it means to have an advanced’ or embodied practice.
- .Kneel on the floor and fold your torso over your thighs so that your forehead comes to rest onto the floor.
- You can experiment with having your knees together or having space between the thighs.
- Arms can rest by the sides of the body or reach out in front Find a version that gives your body optimum rest.
- Notice your breath and focus on softening to the ground.
- Stretches hips, thighs and ankles.
- Can have a deeply soothing effect on the mind and nervous system.
- lf there is lots of space between your heels and the backs of your thighs or you have any knee pain, try placing a folded blanket or even a bolster between the backs of your thighs and calves.
- If your forehead doesn’t come to touch the floor, place your head on the backs of your hands or rest it on a block Practice Restorative version by using a bolster lengthways to rest the torso on.
- You can let your head tum to one side, rest for a few minutes and then repeat on the other side.
- Knee injuries’.