VIRASANA HERO POSE
HOW TO PERFORM
Come into a kneeling position. knees a comfortable distance apart and gently lower your buttocks down onto your heels keeping the tops of your feet flat on the floor.
- Rest your hands comfortably on your thighs. Allow your shoulders to relax down and your spine to find length in its natural alignment.
- Softly close your eyes and become aware of your breathing encouraging the inhale to be long, slow and deep into the belly. stay for 6 to 12 deep breaths.
- This pose opens your quadriceps, hip flexors and sacrum stretches the thighs, ankles, knees, and feet. It also improves posture.
- Great position for meditation.
- If you feel any discomfort to the fronts of the feet you can place a pillow under your feet.
- If it is hard for your buttocks to reach to your heels, put a cushion between the heels and the buttocks.