How to Perform
• Start in Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle pose) with your right leg forwards.
• Reach your left arm behind your back, and reach your right arm underneath your right leg to connect your hands at the outermost part of your right thigh.
• Look down towards your right foot and bring the left foot to the top of your mat with your feet hip width apart.
• Place your weight on the left leg as you stand and look straight ahead, bringing your right leg up and extending straight above your body.
• Grab your toes with your left hand above your head and hold for five breaths.
• Bend the right leg and bring it back towards the floor to release the pose.
• Repeat on the other side.
• Strengthens the hips and pelvis.
• Lengthens the hamstrings.
• Opens the shoulders.
• Tones the legs.
• mproves your balance.
To make this pose slightly less intense you can keep the leg in the air slightly bent.