This delicious recipe serves 6 people.
• 50g palm sugar
• 50ml fish sauce
• 400g can coconut milk
• 6 chicken thigh fillets
• 2 red Thai shallots
• 1/2 red pepper, cut into julienne
• 2 small red chillies, cut into julienne
• 50g cucumber, cut into julienne
• 10g roasted peanuts
• 4 lime leaves, cut into very fine julienne
• 30 coriander leaves
• 6 squares banana leaf, to serve
Bring the palm sugar, fish sauce and coconut milk to the boil in a large saucepan, add the chicken and poach until the chicken is cooked through. Leave to cool.
Mix the other ingredients (except the banana leaves) together in a bowl. When the chicken is cool, cut it into 1cm thick strips and toss into the salad.
Lay a banana leaf at the centre of each plate and pile on the salad. Drizzle with some of the poaching liquid and serve.
This recipe is from John Torode – He will also be at the BBC Good Food show! – www.bbcgoodfoodshowspring.com