HOW TO PERFORM
• To modify, place knees on the mat. Begin in Plank pose. As you begin to bend your elbows, keep them directly over your wrists and do not let them splay outwards.
• Firm your leg and belly muscles as you lower down. Do not let your lower back cave down.
• Keep your hips in line with your shoulders as you lower, and keep your heels pressing away from you.
• Press into the knuckles, and lower your torso to hover over the mat.
• Keep your elbows hugging in to your ribs and pointing back towards your feet the entire time.
• Hold for ten to thirty seconds, while breathing slowly and smoothly, and then lower the rest of the way to the floor.
• Tones and strengthens she shoulders, core, lower back and legs – basically creating a fit body altogether!
• Builds stamina, heat and mental clarity.
• When practised properly it can greatly improve posture as it helps support the spine.
• Carpal tunnel, recent shoulder, wrist or elbow injury. If pregnant, practice modified version with knees down.