HOW TO PERFORM
• Come into a kneeling position. Knees a comfortable distance apart and gently lower your buttocks down onto your heels keeping the tops of your feet at on the floor.
• Rest your hands comfortably on your thighs. Allow your shoulders to relax down and your spine to find length in its natural alignment.
• Softly close your eyes and become aware of your breathing encouraging the inhale to be long, slow and deep into the belly. Stay for 6 to 12 deep breaths.
• This pose opens your quadriceps, hip flexors and sacrum, stretches the thighs, ankles, knees, and feet. It also improves posture.
• Great position for mediation.
• If you feel any discomfort to the fronts of the feet you can place a pillow under your feet.
• If it is hard for your buttocks to reach to your heels, put a cushion between the heels and the buttocks.