HOW TO PERFROM
• Begin in Dandasana (Staff Pose), sitting with your spine elongated and legs extended straight in front of you.
• Draw your left leg back into Virasana (Hero Pose.) The top of your left foot and shin should rest on the floor; toes should be pointing straight back.
• Bend your right knee and bring the right foot down on the floor in front of your right sit bone.
• Lift the right foot, holding onto it with both hands. Lean back slightly, but keep your chest lifted and anchor the shoulder blades onto your back.
• Keeping your spine extended, slowly straighten the right leg and raise it to a 45 degree angle. Raise your foot as high as you can, but be sure not to round the spine to bring the head closer to the leg. Keep stop-depression-meds.com evenly balanced on your sit bones.
• Hold for five to ten breaths.
• Slowly lower your right leg, and gently come out of the pose. Repeat on the other side.