In Balance: A Yin Yang Yoga DayDate: Sunday 25th September 2016
10am – 5.30pm
£45 + booking fee
The Yoga Mela and Stanley’s Film Club invite you to join us for a nourishing yoga day that will feed your mind, soul, conscience and belly!
At Autumn equinox, day and night are of equal length, bringing us into the perfect balance of yin and yang. Yin and yang represents opposites – light/dark, fast/slow, fire/water. By harnessing these different energies, we promise that you will leave feeling In Balance.
100% of proceeds go to the International Rescue Committee UK who are providing aid to the biggest humanitarian crisis of our time, the war in Syria.
The day will include:
• Vinyasa Flow (Yang) Yoga Class with Ciara and assistant teachers – breathe and move through postures that will twist out the past and open you up to the future. Suitable for all levels, including beginners.
• Stanley’s Film Club presents ‘Minimalism : A Documentary About The Important Things’ – an inspirational film about clearing the clutter from life’s path to make room for the more meaningful elements.
• Yin Yoga Class with Jonelle and assistant teachers – open new energy fields as you practice deeper and longer held passive poses, finishing with a grounding meditation. Suitable for all levels, including beginners.
• Sound bath with Tibetan singing bowls by Barbara – bathe in the sound of the gongs and experience deep relaxation and healing.
• Go home with a Just Bee Honey Water drink and a Rude Health snack bar.
What do you need to bring?
Yoga mat, blanket, cushion and a mug for the herbal tea. We do have a limited number of mats available to borrow so ping us an email if you need one.
The beautiful, Edwardian art venue, Stanley Halls.
12 South Norwood Hill, South Norwood, LONDON, SE25 6AB
This event is run by volunteers.