Living a healthy lifestyle and offering people creative plant based cooking ideas is a passion for Ron. In 2013 Ron appeared on ABC’s The CHEW winning its “Hunky Husband Cook-off” with his signature Black Bean Burger. People from across the country began to contact Ron about how to transition away from a meat-centric diet. In response Ron launched his Callicoon Kitchen brand and began posting creative, easy to follow how-to cooking videos and recipes giving people hands-on techniques for making vegan dishes that they can incorporate into their own lives. A vegetarian for 20 years Ron’s recipes are now 100% vegan and he is committed to sharing his belief in the benefits of organic produce and an active, healthy lifestyle. Ron lives in New York and Virginia with his wife and three daughters. Follow Ron on Follow Ron on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter. Check out and subscribe to Ron Badach Callicoon Kitchen at http://www.callicoonkitchen.com/
Eat Mindful and Feel Magical”…Our Japanese Tempeh and Nectarine Banh Trang (spring rolls) with Crisp Colorful Vegetables and Black and White Sesame Seeds is not complete without our Dueling Dipping Sauces of Creamy Avocado Lime and Ginger Peanut ..To Nourish your Body as well as your Soul
• 4 Round Rice Paper Wraps
• 1 8oz block of organic Tempeh (12 slices)
• 1 ripe Nectarine thin sliced
• 1/2 Seedless cucumber thin sliced
• 1/2 orange pepper thin sliced
• 1/2 yellow pepper thin sliced
• 2 scallions thin sliced white and green
• 2 fresh figs thin sliced
• 1 small bunch of chopped Bok choy
Ingredients for marinade:
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 2 tsp minced ginger
• 3/4 tbsp light brown sugar
• pinch red pepper flakes…whisk all in a medium sized bowl and pour over tempeh, cover and refrigerate and allow to sit 3-12 hours
Dipping sauces..(Avocado Lime)
• 1 avocado
• 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
• juice and zest of 1 lime
• 3/8 cup plain vegan yogurt
• 1/8 tsp cumin
• 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
• approx 1/8 cup of water to thin
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt..combine all ingredients in a food processor and slowly add water until desired consistency..
(Ginger Peanut Dipping Sauce)..get recipe at www.callicoonkitchen.com under Marinated Grilled Tofu Kebabs..
Sautee Tempeh approx 3 minutes per side and allow to cool…Run Rice paper under hot (not boiling) water to soften..shake off excess water and place on a plastic board..genetiusly sprinkle rice paper with black and white sesame seeds then add 3 pieces of tempeh in the center of the paper..slowly add remaining ingredients keeping it closet to center and not overfilling..gently pull rice paper and tuck ..pinch sides in and roll to complete..slice on an angle and serve immediately with dipping sauces..Enjoy!
Tips..Do not overstuff..substitute peaches and any other crisp vegetables which are in season..