HOW TO PERFORM
• Lying on your back, start by rooting the lower back down into the ground, keeping both arms relaxed to the sides of the body.
• Take one deep inhalation and bring both knees to the chest, and both arms up to the sides of the body, palms facing each other.
• With the exhalation, kick both legs out straight and together (6 to 12 inches from the ground) and, at the same time, lift your chest forward and up, raising the head up and taking the shoulder blades off the ground, but making sure your lower back keeps flat to it.
• Look straight at your toes and hold the position, with breath of fire or just powerful breath from the navel point, for one minute.
• Be sure to take a few moments lying on the back afterwards to experience the benefits.
• Builds abdominal strength.
• Increases core energy and willpower.
• Improves your digestive system.
• Tunes up your nervous system.
• Lovely tool to help you make up your mind when you need to take an important decision!
• You may place your hands under your buttocks to support the lower back, if you feel that you still don´t have enough abdominal strength.
• You may perform it raising one leg at the time.
• Avoid this posture if you are pregnant or menstruating.
• Avoid it also if you have a recent lower back or neck injury.
• Always be careful with your lower back and your neck when you practise this posture. Keep both areas soft and relaxed, and take the tension to your abs and legs instead.