REVOLVED SIDE ANGLE POSE
HOW TO PERFORM
• Begin by inhaling to Warrior One Pose on the right side.
• Exhale and bring your hands into prayer position by your heart, twist your torso to the right and bring your left elbow onto the right knee.
• Inhale and press the right palm into the left to help open the right shoulder and heart towards the sky.
• Then exhale and bend the right knee deeper into a 90-degree angle keeping the knee directly above the ankle. Keep your left leg active by pressing down through the outer edge of the left foot and pressing the tailbone toward the pubis.
• Keep the shoulders away from the ears and the right elbow pointing up.
• Like all twists, be sure to lengthen the spine on each inhale, and twist out of the soft belly on each exhale. Hold for 3-5 breaths. Inhale come back up to Warrior 1. Exhale to Adho Mukha Svanasana. Repeat on the left.