Revolved Triangle(Parivrtta Trikonasana)
• Tones the legs
• Relieves pain in the lower back
• Tones the abdominal area and increases blood supply to the abdominal organs
• Strengthens the hips
• Improves balance
• Opens the chest
HOW TO PERFORM
• Stand in Tadasana.
• Inhale and jump the legs about 3-to-4 feet apart and stretch the arms sideways.
• Turn the left leg in and rotate the whole of right leg out.
• Check that the heels are in line.
• The front of the body – the navel and the breastbone- now faces completely forward (to the right) and the back body and spine face directly back (to the left).
• Exhale, swing the left side of the trunk down towards the right foot.
• Extend the left hand down until the hand rests on the floor beside the outer edge of the foot. (Beginners can use a block under the front hand.)
• Extend the right arm up and look up.
• Keep both legs straight and press both feet into the floor.
• Stay for 20 to 30 seconds, breathing normally.
• Inhale to come up. Turn to the centre and repeat on the other side.
• Avoid this pose during menstruation and pregnancy.
• Care needs to be taken where students have a back or spine injury