HOW TO PERFORM
• Stand in mountain pose, tadasana, then transfer the weight into the left foot, visualising the sole of the foot rooted to the earth.
• Bend the right leg at the knee and place the right heel at the root of the left thigh. Press the foot on the left thigh, toes pointing downwards.
• Gently draw the right knee back to open the right hip.
• Root down through the left leg, join the palms and raise the arms straight overhead. (Watch out for drawing the shoulders to the ears, keep them relaxed!)
• Lengthen the tailbone toward the floor and gently draw the pubic bone and lower abdomen in as you lengthen the spine up.
• Stand for 5-10 breaths. Breathing deeply, stay focused on one point at eye level to help maintain your balance.
• Then lower the arms through the heart center, turn the right knee to face forwards and release the foot flat to the floor.
• Take a breath and then switch to the other side.