TWISTING BELLY WITH A TWIST
HOW TO PERFORM
• Lie on your back on the floor with arms straight out from your shoulders, forming the letter ‘T’ and palms facing up.
• Bend your knees and place your feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips off the floor and shift them a few inches to your left.
• Bring your knees toward your chest, then rest them on the floor on the right side of your body.
• Inhaling, lengthen your spine. As you exhale, extend your legs as straight as possible and keep your feet actively pressing out.
• Stay here or take the arm variation, opposite hands to opposite feet. The bottom leg will bend so that you can clasp the foot.
• Your gaze can rest out over the left hand, or straight up depending on what feels best for your neck.
• Engage both feet and hands to fully embody the pose. Breathe evenly and comfortably through your nose, for 5-10 breaths on each side.