UPWARD STAFF POSE
HOW TO PERFORM
(from the headstand)
• Come up into your headstand, breathe evenly and prepare your mind for variations. A good way to do this is to visualise yourself in the variation you are about to do, in this case Urdhva Dandasana.
• Then pull up on your abdominal muscles, strengthen your arms and shoulders so your posture is secure.
• Slowly hinge at the waist and begin lowering your straightened legs, until they are parallel to the floor. Your heels can be flexed or relaxed.
• Hold the posture upright as your breathe gently and focus on the Crown Chakra.
• Gently release the posture, by slowly lowering your legs to the floor and assume the counter pose, which is child pose. Hold child pose for half the time you were standing on your head.