How to Perform
• Step the feet apart, turn the toes out slightly and heels in. Make sure the knees are tracking inline with the second toe.
• Place the hands on the hips. Inhale to lift the heart, soften the shoulders down away from the ears. On your exhale hinge from the hips and lower the torso with a long straight spine.
• If the palms don’t comfortably touch the floor, place blocks underneath the shoulders and rest palms on them.
• You can also take a slight bend in the knees to take the stretch out of the hamstrings.
• Can be a transition pose into Tripod Headstand.
• Relieves mild backache and stretches the spine.
• Stretches the inner thighs and backs of the legs.
• Can be an inversion if fully folded forward, which reverses the blood flow and improves circulation.